There are typical questions to ask in an interview of companies during the interview. Here is a list of top interview questions.
- Give us a brief introduction of your professional and personal background?
ABOUT JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Tell us about your current job & what you do in a typical day.
- Tell me about your pervious job (select one by one in the CV) and what you did? Also mention the date of joining and date of leaving with reasons for leaving.
- What are the achievements in your previous job? Cite one remarkable example.
- How have you added value to your job over time?
- What proactive steps did you have to take to increase the output of your position?
- Describe how you have progressed through the ranks and landed in your current position?
- What qualities do you think are necessary to make a success of any job?
- How would you define marketing in this part of world?
- What is the biggest failure you’ve had in your career? Why do you believe it was your biggest failure?
RELEVANT QUALIFICATION & COMPETENCY
- Do you have skills, knowledge sets and personal attributes to allow you to do this job?
- Tell me about some of them?
- What parts of your education do you see as relevant to this position (we are offering)?
ABOUT COMPANY KNOWLEDGE
- How big is the company you are working for?
- Describe the chart of the company you are working for?
- What do you know about our Company?
- What do you think about team work?
- What is your contribution to a team?
- Can you give me an example of working as part of a team?
- Do you prefer to work by yourself or with others?
- What kind of people did you have contact with on your previous jobs?
- Define cooperation and how comfortable you are to work with multi nationals?
CAREER GOALS & STABILITY
- I see you were not spending more than X duration in your last jobs. Tell me why?
- Why are you planning to leave your current job?
- What prompted you to apply for this job? / Why do you want to work for us?
- Where do you want to see yourself in the next 3-5 years in your career ?
LEARNING ABILITY & ACHIEVEMENT ORIENTATION
- Tell me about a significant achievement in your life?
- What were your most significant accomplishments at you last job?
- Are you ambitious? Are you willing to learn?
- How do you balance yourself between work & social/family commitments?
- What motivates you most? Incentives / rewards / job or self satisfaction or else?
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESS
- What are your strengths / weaknesses?
- What type of people do you generally get along well with?
- Give me an example for the last time you went above and beyond the normal the call of duty to get the job done?
PLANNING & ORGANIZING CAPABILITY
- Tell me the last time you failed to complete a project on time, what did you do?
- What do you do when things are slow?
- How do you manage multiple priorities?
- How do you organize yourself for day-to-day activities?
- Tell me about a task you started but just could not seem to get finished, what you did?
- Why should we take you and not other applicants?
- Is there anything you would like to add?
- Is there anything you would like to ask?
CONFIDENCE IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU CAN BRING TO A JOB INTERVIEW.