What is Webhosting?
Web Hosting is simply a service that helps a person or organization to add their website to the Internet. Here we have a web hosting provider. Web hosting is where we get the servers from a hosting service provider to store our website files.Web hosting service provider allows us to use their servers for a fee.
What are the types of hosting?
A hosting provider usually offers several types of hosting. Hosting type depends on the server you choose to store your data. There are several main types of hosting: Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, VPS hosting, Cloud Hosting.
When more than one customer shares a common server space, it is called shared hosting. Shared hosting is a system where several people share the same server. As it is commonly used, the user is allowed only a limited amount of resources on the server. This type of hosting is the most popular and relatively affordable type of hosting. However, the performance of websites hosted on shared servers could be hindered owing to the limited capabilities, especially if the website traffic tends to get high.
This type of hosting is when a company is given a dedicated server along with the required resources, with dedicated bandwidth, complete control, and high-quality performance. Here’s what it takes to have your own dedicated server. It gives you full control over the server. In Shared Hosting, we can only use the software and features that are provided by the service provider, but in Dedicated Hosting the user can access any software or anything they want on the server. This type of hosting is relatively costly.
A Virtual Private Server (or a VPS) is, as its name says, a virtualized server which plays the role of a dedicated server within a virtual hosting environment, both as a shared and a dedicated server hosting. Although not as expensive as a Dedicated Hosting, it is slightly more expensive than Shared Hosting.
Cloud hosting is a newer form of computing that is also used for web hosting. The main difference being instead of single server hardware that was typically used for hosting earlier, cloud computing using a network of computers as the webserver. In cloud hosting our data is stored on computers all over the world. You can access this data from anywhere in the world using an internet connection. Cloud Hosting has now been introduced by many hosting providers. This is where our data is stored on multiple servers. This is actually more secure and faster than most other types of hosting.
Choosing The Right Hosting Plan
When you are selecting a hosting provider, you need to make choices that will meet your needs. It is important to look at the facilities available to you and the service. One of the most important aspects of web hosting is the capacity you get. The service is usually provided by service providers from 500MB to infinity. If the capacity of a package is exceeded by the quantity supplied, then the service provider will make sure to allocate more space immediately.
1) Bandwidth – This means the amount of data you can use in a month. Service providers also offer different sizes of bandwidth packages and unlimited bandwidth packages. The same process is done with the aforementioned unlimited capacity. They increase your bandwidth capacity as your monthly data usage increases. In a package with unlimited bandwidth, however, if you receive a limited package, your site will be out of reach as soon as you use the work data for that limit. Therefore it is advisable to choose a slightly higher bandwidth to suit your site usage.
2) Backup feature – It is important that you back up your data in the event of sudden or crashed data. This is why the service provider needs to be aware of the limitations of the backups and offerings.
3) Uptime – Server uptime is the percentage of times the server is up and running without having to crash. It is advisable to seek services from a service provider that guarantees 99.9% of the time.
4) Time spent in business – If the service provider has been in business for several years, it is important to look at how many customers have been serviced by the service provider.
5) Consumer Review – You can also get an idea of service review by looking at customer feedback.
6) Support – Service providers need to focus on customer support. Most hosting providers are ready to provide support 24/7 anytime.